'I definitely have my dark moments': Nicole Scherzinger opens up about The X Factor, Simon Cowell and her painful split from Lewis Hamilton

She’s braced for a return to The X Factor this Saturday - almost a year after a successful first series that saw her mentor James Arthur to the winner’s crown.
But while that year has brought success, it’s also brought its fair share of heartache for Nicole Scherzinger.
Her split with racing driver Lewis Hamilton in July left her devastated, and she admits she’s struggled to stay focused for the sake of her judging role on the hit show.


Nicole Scherzinger has opened up the October issue of Glamour about The X Factor, Simon Cowell and her split with racing driver Lewis Hamilton
Candid: Nicole Scherzinger has opened up the October issue of Glamour about The X Factor, Simon Cowell and her split with racing driver Lewis Hamilton


Speaking exclusively to the October issue of Glamour, she said: ‘It’s these times that build a character. I’ve tried hard to keep it together, for my work.
‘I’m just like every other woman, I’ve had a blanket of tissues over me many a night. Ordered a random, ginormous pizza for myself.
 
‘In any relationship it’s easy to lose yourself and it’s important to come back to who you are. And you can live your life in freedom and happiness when you’re happy with who you are.
‘I definitely have my dark moments but I wanna be a light. That’s what I strive to be. And really, it’s a choice. And sometimes, when you’re sad, you bring the pizza and you make that choice.’
 Nicole admits that her judging role on The X Factor helped her stay focused following her split from Hamilton in July
Staying focused: Nicole admits that her judging role on The X Factor helped her stay focused following her split from Hamilton in July
  
Edit
Edit

While there have been disruptions in her personal life, there’s also been significant change on The X Factor.
The departure of Tulisa Contostavlos saw Sharon Osbourne make a return after a six-year hiatus, but Nicole admits the firebrand's forthright approach has brought the best out the panel as they approach the launch of series ten.
She said: ’Mrs. O is explosive! She has no filters, as raw as you get. And that’s honesty liberates other people, the dynamic on the panel is so much more fun. She has brought out the freedom in Gary Barlow, I tell you!
‘It’s bonkers this year. We’re all having too much fun, I think. In call her the OG, the Original Gangster.’ 
Nicole's relationship with Lewis Hamilton came to an end in July
All over: Nicole's relationship with Lewis Hamilton came to an end in July

See the full shoot and interview in the October issue of Glamour, on sale Thursday 5th September
See the full shoot and interview in the October issue of Glamour, on sale Thursday 5th September

The show returns as creator and former judge Simon Cowell adjusts to the prospect of imminent parenthood with lover Lauren Silverman, who is expecting his first child.
'I would like to congratulate him on the good news,' she said. 'I think he’s gonna be a good father. And he’ll probably have a nation of nannies to help!'
However, Cowell's change in circumstances hasn't made her broody.
Indeed, despite maintaining that she still wants to settle down, Nicole says she'll only do it when the time is right.
She said: ‘Everything is timing and right now it’s not the time, I’ve too much creative energy I wanna get out, When you have gorgeous, empowering women like Halle Berry, having their kids in their forties? I’m still a baby. I’m doing just fine.
'If I didn’t have my career I’m sure I’d be like my sister, with her three kids. I grew up in Kentucky. It’s all about raising a family. All my friends, cousins, everybody’s got kids but me. And it’s because I am so career driven.
'Absolutely you make that sacrifice, you live, breathe, eat, sleep your work. You do sacrifice your relationships. You sacrifice even you.
'But I’m a family person, my sister’s kids are my pride and joy, I don’t go a month without seeing them. So I’ll have kids when the time is right.”
 Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow will return on Saturday evening when series ten of The X Factor launches on ITV1
Imminent: Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow will return on Saturday evening when series ten of The X Factor launches on ITV1

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...